|National Electric Code 2008 Soft Cover Code Book w/Mass Amendment
Industry-driven changes in the 2008 NEC® redefine electrical safety! Order your National Electrical Code® Softbound direct from NFPA®
Be prepared to comply in the new era for electrical safety. The NEC protects the public by establishing requirements for electrical wiring and equipment in virtually all buildings. The field's most important document is revised based on new technology and industry needs. Order your 2008 NEC Softbound to stay competitive and up-to-code!
Revisions in the 2008 NFPA 70®: National Electrical Code boost public safety, emergency preparedness, Code usability, and worker protection
Only the 2008 NEC includes the latest rules for electrical installation in residential, commercial, and industrial occupancies. It also introduces:
- New article on Critical Operations Power Systems with provisions for electrical security in public and private facilities that must stay online during a crisis, such as public safety dispatch centers and hospital ICUs
- New article on Electrified Truck Parking Spaces with NEC rules for outlets to run on-board electrical systems, reducing truck emissions and fuel consumption caused by idling during driver rest times
- Revised requirements for AFCI and GFCIs in dwellings. Since arcing faults on wiring systems and extension cords can cause home fires, the Code expands AFCI use to living areas.
- New rules for tamper-resistant receptacles respond to NEISS reports that thousands of children are treated in hospitals every year for burns received as a result of inserting objects into receptacles.
- New provisions in Article 210, Article 410, and elsewhere in the Code reduce worker hazards and correlate with NFPA 70E® worker safety rules.
- Plus hundreds of other revisions
Usability changes facilitate your work!
You'll find greater consistency in grounding and bonding terminology…new shading behind revised text that lets you see what's new at a glance…and new identifiers at the top of each page in the NEC index for speedier referencing.
Order your 2008 NEC in the bestselling Softbound format!
The portable and easy to handle NEC Softbound is a must for electrical contractors, engineers, electricians, fire service professionals, safety officials, inspectors, and architects.