Lightolier 1004IC Lytening® Airseal IC/Non-IC
- Housing: .032 (#20 ga.) aluminum. UL listed convertible IC/NON-IC. 2" vertical adjustment in ceiling. Can be removed for access to junction box and ceiling plenum. AirSeal® housing minimizes air leakage to less than 2 CFM at 1.57 PSF (or 75pa), which complies with Model Energy Code (Section 602.3.3) and Washington State Energy Code (Section 502.4) and reduces heat loss and condensation in ceiling.
- Mounting Frame: .048 (#18 ga.) galvanized steel. Locks into position along length of mounting bars with locking spring and bendable slot. (3) slots 90° apart simplify alignment.
- Junction Box: 2"X 4" X 3 1/2" (22 cu. in.) .032 (#22 ga.) galvanized steel. UL listed for maximum 6 (#12 ga.) 1004IC/N 90°C through branch circuit conductors. Integral cable clamps permit attachment of non-metallic (#12 or #14 ga.) Romex® cable without tools or additional connectors.
- Mounting Bars: .059 (#16 ga.) galvanized steel. Bars pivot for easy attachment and wire-in below ceiling line. Bars extend to accommodate 16" to 24" O.C. joist spacing. The 1004IC features integral self-tapping philips screws for secure attachment to wood or metal construction. The 1004ICN features integral nails for secure attachment to wood. Both attach to T-bar ceilings without the need of accessories.
- Socket Housing: Impact extruded aluminum or galvanized steel. Attached trim retaining spring secures trim to any height on housing wall.
- Socket: Porcelain medium base: nickel plated screw shell. Pre-wired with #18 ga. SF1 (300 VOLT 200° C) leads to junction box.
- Thermal Protector: Meets NEC and UL requirements. Located inside housing.